Capture your own career journey: examine the beliefs and assumptions that are underlying your current career thoughts. Ask yourself some of the following questions designed to stimulate your thinking and guide you in the process:
- What strengths do I know I have?
- What childhood or teenage experiences might have been responsible for writing the script of my strengths and limitations?
- What fears get in the way when I think of really succeeding at work I love? Where did those beliefs come from? Do I still need them in any way? Why?
- How can I believe that I deserve to have work I love?
- How might my parents' own career histories be influencing the places that I am stuck right now? Whose other "voices" might I be hearing in my heart?
- What are my role models for successful people?
- What impact do I want to have on the world through my work?
- How do I know I am committed to my goals? Are they for me or someone else?
- What's stopping me?
Time to get serious - get unstuck, get clear, get focused and get moving! What are you waiting for?