Welcome to Linsey Levine’s CareerCounsel Blog – about careers, jobs… and life (and all related subjects).
As we enter this new year, I am entering (albeit, reluctantly) the world of blogposting. For me, this will be my website and a place to periodically share collections and connections of all things career that I hope will be helpful to you, my readers, clients, friends, colleagues.
My goal is to connect you with current, important information and resources for effectively managing your career, especially in this time of unprecedented change. As a former editor, one of my passions has always been to gather and share ideas, articles, and interesting things to ponder - to help others make informed and smart decisions.
- lacking confidence,
- in career depression
- in career limbo
- and career pain ….
I’ve been called a “Guiding Light”, because I help people make conscious career choices and connections – my mission is help you leave the darkness of not knowing, and move into your light – and then shine your light to the world.
Some of the categories I hope to be blogging about are:
- Career Transition and Trends
- CareerCounsel News & Events
- Door Opening Resumes
- ExecuNet & Networking Meetings
- Networking for Life
- Getting Clear
- Getting Connected
- Getting Moving
- Personal Branding
- Effective Job Search Strategies and Success Stories
- And sharing ideas, sites and resources that I think might be helpful
- Problems are solvable
- Skills are learnable
- People grow and change every day
- Having the right attitude means everything
- The law of attraction works
- Visualization works
- Making career transitions can be done with effort, but it's worth it
- Using effective job search strategies and efficient tactics promote success
- Writing, journaling, and setting goals ensure that things happen
- And all things are possible!